Hormone-balancing yoga – Yoga for balancing woman hormones
What is hormone-balancing yoga?
Hormone-balancing yoga suits all women over 40 with or without symptoms of hormonal imbalance, who want to be prepared for the next stage of her and delay symptoms or reduce discomfort of menopause. The yoga postures are designed to balance the endocrine system, especially the ovaries, adrenals, thyroid and liver to revitalize hormone production. The yoga practice can be continued even after menopause to keep feeling vital and energized. The different breathing techniques, partly with sounds, will strengthen your pelvic floor and abdominal muscles. Physical yoga exercise will strengthen your muscles and bones and relaxation techniques at the end will balance your nervous system. In your hormone-balancing yoga class you will be given tools to take home with you to use whenever you feel like it!
What are the possible benefits?
• Increases feelings of feminine
• Strengthen bones and muscles
• Slow or prevent osteoporosis
• Decreases hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings
• Decreases symptoms of depression or fatigue
• Harmonizes and balance PMS
• Increases elasticity and stability of pelvic floor
• Reduces urinary leakage and urinary infections
What are the contraindications?
How much you can do in a yoga class is determined by how you feel. Always listen to your body and rest whenever you need to. Contraindications are not there to limit you, they are detected by experience and will ensure a safe yoga practice.
Main contraindications are:
• Hormonal cancer (breast, uterus)