Hormone-balancing yoga – Yoga for woman
What is hormone-balancing yoga?
Hormone yoga or Mediyoga for hormonal balance works as a holistic therapy method where we work physically and mentally with the body. Here, the yoga positions are designed to balance the endocrine system, especially the ovaries, adrenal glands, thyroid and liver. We enhance the effect with the help of our breath, which provides an internal massage, and focus where we direct the energy to an exercise-specific gland. One major cause of hormonal imbalance is stress and therefore the yoga session is very calming and stress-reducing. The various breathing techniques, partly with sound / tone, will strengthen the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles as well.
What are the possible benefits?
• Increases feelings of feminine
• Strengthen bones and muscles
• Slow or prevent osteoporosis
• Decreases hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings
• Decreases symptoms of depression or fatigue
• Harmonizes and balance PMS
• Increases elasticity and stability of pelvic floor
• Reduces urinary leakage and urinary infections
Hormone levels normally start to fall after the age of 35. Mediyoga for hormonal balance can help with the following conditions:
- Complications with PMS, PMDS, painful, irregular or absent menstruation and PCOS
- Difficulties getting pregnant
- Various menopausal symptoms
- Thyroid disorders
What are the contraindications?
How much you can do in a yoga class is determined by how you feel. Always listen to your body and rest whenever you need to. Contraindications are not there to limit you, they are detected by experience and will ensure a safe yoga practice.
Main contraindications are:
• Estrogen-dependent breast cancer